Snacking is an integral part of our everyday routine, most of us munch on some popcorns while watching a movie or grab a chocolate bar in the middle of the day for some extra energy. Most of our favorite snacks are high in refined carbs and sugar (chocolate bars, potato chips, etc.), so how do we reconcile our favorite activity (snacking) with eating healthy?
Don’t worry, it’s not a tall order. Here are some snacks that can help you stay healthy.
- Nuts: Research has shown that nuts are heart-healthy snacks, reducing incidents in heart-related diseases for consumers. Despite being relatively high in fat, they are very filling making them the perfect balance of healthy fat, protein, and fiber.
- Fruits: It doesn’t get any healthier than fresh fruits, does it? They’re full of vitamins (A, B, C, D, K, E) and minerals. Fruits have also been linked to healthy digestion, a hydration boost, healthy skin, and many more benefits plus you have so many to choose from.
- Nootri Qwik: Ready in 2 minutes and flavored with strawberry or vanilla, Nootri Qwik is not only delicious but it’s also brimming with minerals and vitamins. Plus, you can add your own spin to the recipe by adding condiments.
- Boiled eggs: It’s no secret that eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein, they also contain vitamins A and B which are essential to our immune system, our eyesight quality, and our brain function. So just sprinkle some salt on them which is actually an important nutrient for the human body too. Your body uses salt to balance fluids in the blood and maintain healthy blood pressure, and it is also essential for nerve and muscle function.
- A glass of milk: Don’t shun fats, milk is one of the best sources of healthy fats, it also contains vitamins A and D, Proteins, and Calcium, what more can we say? Milk is a wholesome addition to your snacking diet.
The bottom line? When your next snack craving hits, aim for whole foods instead of highly processed options. There are a lot of healthy snacks out there, you just have to pick one.